Sunday, November 29, 2009

More work on the 15mm ACW table


Well, I've gotta go outside and collect leaves, but I figure I'd post a few photos first...

The 15mm ACW table continues along... I cleared out the space in front of the Confederate trenches and it does look a lot better. I am also experimenting with flock to represent roads, but I am not sure how I feel about it yet.

Here is a look across the table at the Confederate trenches overlooking the river. I am going to continue looking at the layout of the trenches, and hopefully with some advice from all of you about how best to lay it out it will look great!

Here is a look at the bridge at the river... I have a feeling this spot will be hotly contested! I am going to put in a ford as well at another part of the river, probably down near the barn... we'll see how that goes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Since that river is a tad narrow anyway, it might be interesting to declare its entire stretch fordable - at a movement penalty of course, so that those wading through its shallow waters should make excellent targets for the gentlemen inside the fort.

Knowing how attached wargamers are to their preferred rule sets, I realise that this may be utterly anathema to yourself. It's just a thought from an outsider..

Cheers,
Aart

Author said...

I have no real attachment to the river and its rules!:D I honestly just say it is not fordable so that it forces the action to a few spots. Having said that, it might make for a more interesting attack if they can come from anywhere...

Unknown said...

Such detachment is admirable in a wargamer. I have been witness to an altercation at an ACW once game where, shall we say, someone's dogged commitment to a certain interpretation of the rules almost caused another civil war. A striking breach of wargaming tradition.

Should you be partial to my suggestion regarding birch trees, I would recommend a couple of betulae aleghannienses (yellow birches) to lighten up that wooded field in the far left corner (as seen from the fort). I would be a shame to omit one of the highlights of the Eastern American landscape from such a mouthwatering set-up.

Cheers,
Aart