Saturday, August 22, 2015

Finished 40mm AWI Militia


Hey all!

Sorry for the blog being so quiet; we were away for a time, and then I had a medical thing that took several weeks, so its been busy!

I finished these guys up a few weeks ago, and thought I would share!

This is the first unit of militia for my son's Christmas gift... there will be two of this size.


Here is the commander and the standard.  The face of the commander got a bit funky; I think I may retouch it.  Unfortunately I got the dreaded sandy black spray effect on the guy with the flag!  I think it isn't too noticeable, but it did a NUMBER to his face:(


Here is one of the militia, and a lady!  Yes, I know there shouldn't be a girl, but I figure it is a good example for my boy that girls can do anything.  I DID end up doing a tiny bit of green stuff work on her, giving her a stray strand of hair over her face...


And a ponytail in back.  I want her to look like a girl!:)


Here are the last two, including a guy kneeling next to his drum.

So!  I am halfway done with the grenadiers; I'll post some WIP shots soon!

Thanks for coming by!:)

No comments: