Sunday, October 9, 2011

Chateau interiors WIP... nearly done!

Howdy folks!

Okay, with some advice from some folks I got working on the chateau interiors.

I did the outbuildings with a stone floor, white painted interiors, and simple framing of the doors.  The stone floors I think turned out fairly cool... the dark spots from the glue are a bit noticeable with the flash, but in person they look fine.  Now I have to go back and touch up the white, create a few horse stall walls, scatter some hay in there (what should I use for that I wonder?) and maybe do a few crates or something in the corners.

The farmhouse I did a bit more on.  I added an upstairs, with a wooden floor and a rug.  I cut out a bit of a space for the chimneys so it would fit on easier (even though it leaves a little space when the floor is installed.  I also left a spot for where the stairs come up, which serves double duty as a finger hole for removing the floor!

When you remove it, you get a downstairs as well, that is split into two rooms.  It isn't totally finished (I need to do something to make the foam that holds up the second floor a little less ugly, but not sure what) but it is near to finished... again, a rug on the floor of the main room, as well as a fireplace (which you cannot see in this photo.)

Of course, now I am running into another question; do I do some basic furniture for it?  I could make some, which would be fiddly... or I could buy some, but would the money spent end up adding value when I sell the whole thing?  Not sure.

BTW... if anyone out there likes the looks of it and is considering purchase and has any questions, let me know at grenadierguardscampaigns AT yahoo.com  !

Thanks for all the help folks!

1 comment:

Ray Rousell said...

A great building with some nice added bits, I'd definitely add some simple furniture, it just adds that little more to the effect, not sure where you'd buy it from though??