Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A sad miniatures moment...

Howdy all, Well, I thought I would share a sad miniatures moment from last night. As many people know, I am selling my Middenheim army on ebay. The auction is almost over, and there is a prospective buyer. So... last night I started packing the guys up to ship out! And lo and behold... I got a little misty eyed! These guys are one of my first large, complete armies, and they have come a long way with me, killing enemies as they go. I put a lot of work into them, and they have never looked better (I am still touching them up and adding to them, even knowing they are leaving me) and I am a bit sad to wrap them all up and ship them off to a new home! I am trying to comfort myself by saying "Self, you can buy a cool army at Fall In with the money and give them a new home," but I am still a bit sad to see them go:( Anyone else ever sell of their soldiers and have one of these moments?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, over the last year or so I sold a bunch of minis to help buy a house. Worth it, but sad.

Author said...

Hey man!

Thanks for the comment... yeah, a solid half of the money is going straight towards heating oil for the new house (blech, a month of oil for that price too...) But the other half is going into my pocket and travelling to Fall In 2008 with me, and will be spent on toy soldiers, so while sad, I also know another army will come home to live with me, and one that I am more interested in (i.e. an AWI army or something.)

Thanks for the support!:)

Robert said...

I hate selling armies! In fact, I have only ever sold one painted army...more of a trade really. The fact that it was an army I rarely used and i was able to acquire an army I had always wanted to paint helped. It still didn't seem right.

Author said...

Yeah, I rarely use my Empire army, and they have been effectively out of commission for a number of years... I hope they will get more use under their new commander! Plus, I plan to use at least SOME of the money on a NEW army...

If anyone travelling to Fall In 2008 wants to sell their 25mm AWI armies, let me know!:D