Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Some new 28mm Perry Napoleonic British

Howdy all!

Well, as the wife watched some TV, I put together a few more guys...

I am having fun just doing a few at a time. It has been a bunch of years since I've assembled plastics, so I just want to make sure I am doing a nice job. I like that the Perrys are very carefully constructed in that there are no "random" movements. The twins did a nice job understanding that a Napoleonic soldier would only be in one of a handful of poses... ramming, priming, biting... and they made their figures able to show this.

A few issues, for sure. First, I do wish they were all just marching. While I like the modeling possibilities of the Brits, they really don't fit my collection... every one of my Napoleonic armies are guys marching! Still, I plan to just use these guys for skirmish games, so it is fine. Second, I have had a hard time with the shooting arms... they just never seem to fit nicely on the torsos, and I need to do a lot of trimming. Has anyone else found this, or is it just me?

Anyway... here are two shots of the guys, and third one is one of the different moments of loading (although I reversed priming and loading in the photo, forgive me!)

More to come!

No comments: