Thursday, February 23, 2012
15mm Modern US Infantry - finished!
My 15mm Modern US infantry are done!
They were based on very small buttons, which were then built up with plaster and sanded (although in retrospect, I wish I had used finer sand). They were then undercoated with a tan spray I picked up at Home Depot, and then painted; black for the weapons, a few shades for the camo, and so on. I gave them a quick dip in a Minwax wood varnish, then matted and based!
Just FYI, the radio antennas are made of a single brush hair from a house painting brush... they turned out pretty good. Oh, and yes, I am aware that the goggles actually have their covers on... but I liked the look of them painted better:)
One later note; I think I have to repaint the javelins, as a friend pointed out they are never black, but almost always olive drab.
I am happy with the minis (which come from Rebel Minis) except for one exception; the guy armed with the M203 (middle row far right) clearly doesn't match the rest and looks sculpted for another collection. It is irritating... every time I look at him it bothers me:( Oh well.
Anyway... there they are! Back to buildings!