Sunday, December 28, 2008

Finally hung my original 1864 Pack!

Howdy all!

Well, the wife is out of town, so I have a few days of Guy Time. So, in celebration, after my buddy who gave me the sword left, I decided to FINALLY tackle getting the original 1864 pack up!

The pack was given to me by a very kind gent who happens to collect military antiques and has an amazing collection... you can get a glimpse of his lifestyle here.

Anyway, it has been sitting in storage for almost a year, until I finally decided just to get the best piece in my collection finally HANGING! I made a four-sided box, using a frame from Target for the front and regular pine for the sides. Screwed the frame onto the other three parts, stained the outside cherry, painted the inside to match the walls, and sat it all on a shelf!

I also put up two photos my father took, of two war ships... there are closer-up photos here. They are very beautiful shots; he is a photographer, so
they should be! I also included a small box of some original bullets and a Federal button given to me by my father in law on top of the pack.

Anyway, I am so, so happy to finally have this up. Next up; finishing the framing of my two huge Civil War battlefields and getting those up... assuming the cavalry lance doesn't get here first!

No comments: