Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Workbench - Armyshade Austrians WIP

Howdy all.

I couldn't help it; I took a break from my 25mm Russians in order to do a single unit of 25mm Napoleonic Austrians with my new quickshade.

Here is a little WIP shot; they still need to
be grassed and touched up a tiny bit (eyes) and I'll see if I can get a better photo, but so far so good. I have finished one stand (minus the standard) and have included the close up here, front and back. I've experimented with "painting" their packs and muskets with only brown ink over the white undercoat... not sure how I like it yet, I'll have to think about it.

I have not yet attached the magnetic bottoms to the rest of them; I will do that shortly.

I am also waiting on their colours; a call into Rick O'Brien set me up, and they should be arriving in the nearer future. Once those are on, I have to attach the magnetic bottoms to the rest of the unit, make a movement tray, and do the rest of the grassing and touching up, and these guys will be good to go!

The quick shade is pretty effective; I needed to pat them down just a touch to take off a tiny bit, but they responded well. I'll work on getting some better photos, as these are only so-so...

No comments: