Sunday, July 5, 2015

Planning my son's first collection!


Hey all!

Well, my son is three and a half, and I figure it is about time he had his own toy soldier collection!

So the plan is the following:

Sash and Saber 40mm AWI... Chunky enough for little hands, simple blue and red colors, and good historical background, especially here in NJ.

I plan for these initial forces to be his Christmas present:

One unit of 8 british regulars with command
One unit of 8 british grenadiers with command
One unit of 5 jaegers
One mounted officer

One unit of 8 continentals with command
Two units of 6 militia with limited command
One unit of 5 rifles
One mounted officer

So I think that is a great start!  Now, I did email Chris to see if I could buy such odd amounts... S&S don't sell in those small amounts... Fingers crossed that he can do such a strange order!

So!  What do folks think?  Good breakdown?  It allows for expansion (cavalry, artillery, more infantry) but covers the basics pretty well.  Any recommendations?

1 comment:

Paul´s Bods said...

Great idea! he´s a lucky Boy