Friday, July 8, 2011

Another Amazing New (or rather, "quite old") Gift!



Howdy all!

First off, sorry it has been so long... work just ended up, and I'm hosting something like four BBQs in 12 days... plus, a LOT of housework getting ready for the baby.  I'll have more coming at some point, of course... maybe Vikings, or maybe Napoleonics.   Not sure:)

In the meantime, however, I thought I'd share a gift I just picked up.  A friend of my in-laws, who has been RIDICULOUSLY kind in the past, sent this along my way!   It is a northern backpack. Apparently they are fairly rare... a wooden frame with leather.  The 22 on the back I am assuming refers to the 22nd New York State Militia, but I am not 100% sure about that.

Anyway... a really amazing gift!  What kills me is that the gent who passed it along to me has a STUNNING single daughter... I am trying to convince my pregnant wife to leave me so that maybe I can marry his daughter, but I don't seem to be having much luck:)

So... now I need to figure out how to display it!  I may switch it off with my other pack for a while... I particularly adore the company marking on the back.

2 comments:

JM said...

Wow! What a stunning gift and great piece of history to own!

R Singers said...

One word "polygamy"