Tuesday, February 19, 2019

A bunch of additions to the Room!


Hey all!

Well, the blog has been QUIET AS HECK... but I haven't been just sitting around.  I've actually got some stuff done!  It's just been tough getting photos.

First up?  Some additions to the room... and just about the final ones!


First up... thrill of all thrills... my room ended up getting a short article in Wargames Illustrated!  Now, I was just over the moon about it, and thought it would be a cool addition to the room itself!


So a quick framing later, and now I have the article hanging up right next to the bar... so as you get a drink, you can read a bit!


So for Christmas I got a fantastic piece... a repro 1851 Colt Navy!  It is one of my favorite all-time pistols... just a beauty.  To go with it I also picked up a fantastic 18th century French naval pistol... and original found in an outfit in northern New York.  


Over the summer I ordered this piece... an AWI cartridge box repro.  I needed more AWI stuff, and I thought this, with the excellent badge, fit the bill!


And finally I have these three awesome buttons, dug up by an amateur treasure hunter on my parents' property... maybe the best thing in the room.

So overall the room is feeling very good!  It's JUST about full up... one or two small things to go, and I'll be done!:)

3 comments:

ljr70 said...

I will email you my adoption papers. Please sign and return!:))

Der Alte Fritz said...

You have one of the nicest looking game rooms on the planet.

Author said...

Coming from you, that’s a nice compliment! It’s been a lot of careful work, and some spending, but overall it’s been so worth it... I sit down there nearly every night (well, when the wife lets me!) :)