Wednesday, February 20, 2019

10mm Star Wars : Battle of Hoth project!


Hey all!

Okay, I got inspired recently by talk of Star Wars: Legion, and the idea about what the game COULD have been, done at a smaller scale.

So after seeing what a few people did with Ertl kits and Micro Machines, I thought I'd give it a shot!

Now, all of this is basically just proof-of-concept... I have a TON more to do, but I wanted to do a little bit of most things just to see how they turned out.


So first up, here are the Imperial Walkers... an AT-AT and some AT-STs.  I have a bunch more to build, but for now, they look fine.


Here is the Imperial infantry.  You can see Vader and Veers at the front, and some Death Troopers off on the flank.  I also got some Imperial Troop Transports to move them around on the ground.


Here is the air power!  I got a bunch of Imperial Shuttles to move troops around, and a ton of Snowspeeders to give the Rebels some air support.


Here is the Rebel infantry... it includes some turrets, some 1.4 guns, and a mix of regular infantry units and heavy weapon units (the two man stands.)  There are also some command stands, including most of the biggest heroes!


Here is a close-up of the heroes.  Luke is on the left; he is a regular Rebel soldier, with a bit of a work done with a drill and a piece of wire to make the lightsaber.  Then come R2 and C3PO.  In the middle is Leia.  Then comes Han (again, a regular Rebel trooper, painted to look like Han) and Chewie... and finally Lord Vader himself.


Now I did put dice frames on each stand... a single one on anything without armor, and two for vehicles with shields.  

So overall I think they turned out pretty cool... next up is considering some scenery, and putting together the rest of the figures!

1 comment:

Lasgunpacker said...

Wow!

Those are really great looking forces. Where did everything come from?