Sunday, March 7, 2021

Some 15mm Old West miniatures


Hey all! 

Well, I started up a new project... a 15mm Old West collection!

I won't write too much right now (I actually wrote a short article that I hope may find its way into Wargames Illustrated...?) but I did want to take some photos and share them!



These first few shots are from a game my son and I played... it was a very near thing!  This was my gang moving up into town, where my son had holed up in the saloon!



And here are some shots of the individual cowboys (dismounted and mounted), a bad NPC gang, and my civilians!





 

5 comments:

Jim Jackaman said...

That's a lovely looking set up. Great idea to use 15mm instead of 28mm. Excellent!

Phil said...

Atmopsheric and beautiful Old West table!

David 'Emkaye' said...

What are you using for the buildings? Homemade?

What kinds of 15mm mini lines do you use? I've been wanting to get into old west gaming, but not sure if I want to add another 28mm collection to my shelves.

Your boards look great!!!

Author said...

Hey! The buildings are from a few different places, but primarily Blotz? They are an English company, nice buildings and SUPER cheap. The figures are from Old Glory, the Blue Moon collection, and they are AMAZING... cheap but FULL of character. I actually wrote a little something for Wargames Illustrated about building this collection... hopefully they run it!

Matt Adami said...

I recently got into 15mm Old West Gaming using the Ruthless Ruleset. I stumbled upon your Blog a few days ago and really love you and your buddies set up. I’d really appreciate it if you would allow me to pick your brain about your terrain and the rules you use.

I know you don’t have your email listed anywhere but if you feel like answering some questions and not clog up your comments section email me at matthewalbertadami@gmail.com.

I’d very much appreciate it.

Cheers,
~Matt