Thursday, January 21, 2021

A new game in town... Blitz Bowl!

 

Hey all!

Well, I happened to be hanging around Barnes and Noble this holiday season, having gotten a bunch of Barnes and Noble gift cards as gifts, thinking about what to buy.  I wandered over to the game section, and I saw something called... "Blitz Bowl?"  What the heck is Blitz Bowl?  It LOOKED like Blood Bowl, and was made by GW... so a little poking around revealed that it was a NEW game, a joint venture with B&N and GW, that was basically a Blood Bowl Lite game that gamers seemed to LOVE!

So, a bunch of gift cards later... voila, eight Blitz Bowl teams for my son and I to play with!

He also did some painting, and man, for a nine year old, they turned out AMAZING!

We are in the second round of our first eight team tournament... we are keeping track of TDs with hash marks on bases (red means a game winning TD)... so far in the round of four it is Dwarves vs Chaos and Halflings vs Skaven... we'll see how it goes!

Anyway... here are some photos!  First up is the halfling team!





Here is the Khorne team.




And here are the Dwarves...




Here is the Undead team, painted by my son!




The Nurgle team, also painted by my son.




And the Human team, painted by my son!




And here is the Wood Elf team!




And finally, the Skaven, with an added Rat Ogre I had lying around:)







5 comments:

Stephen Severino said...

Cool stuff. I purchased Blitz Bowl late last year with the hopes of playing it sometime in 2021 when I can get some of it painted and friends back together. So this is inspiring to me. Thanks for sharing!

Stephen Severino said...

Cool stuff. I bought the game late last year with hopes of playing it sometime in 2021 once I can get friends back together. I haven't painted anything yet, but your post is inspiring and a nice reminder to paint up some stuff soon -- I have a few old Blood Bowl guys that can serve as 1 team. Thanks for sharing, the figures look great!

Adam said...

Awesome. I do love bloodbowl and especially blood bowl halflings, looking great.
Shame you can't get blitz bowl over in old blighty :-(
Hope you are well mate, and hopefully Bf6 will bring the band back together.
Adam/Growler

Unknown said...

I really like the color choice for the Undead team. And I like how the zombie's guts are painted! Also, I love the detail on the Hafling team's squirrel. The Khorne team also looks fierce. I would not want to fight them! :)

Author said...

Growler! Good stuff man, thanks for the compliments. Listen, if you ever want Blitz Bowl, I can pick you up a set and mail it to you? I'll send you a message on Box... and yeah, would love to play some more! I know there have been some Sunday games...

And thanks for the compliments, all... the Undead team was my son's work, so he was happy to see the nice comments!:)