Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Some 10mm Napoleonic photos from a game with my son!


Hi all!

Whelp, I played a fairly simple 10mm Napoleonic game with my son, so I thought I would share some photos!

He was the French, I was the British.  He initially had two of his infantry divisions come onto the field together, and began to advance towards the fields and forest in front of him.


Here are his men advancing, Guard in the lead!


His cavalry and artillery came on in the center of the table, and his cavalry immediately began to move towards the center.


Meanwhile I had a single infantry division arrive and take up position in the woods... the rest of my men hadn't come to the battle yet!


Here is the French marshal, contemplating his next move!


Finally another British infantry division, my elites, entered the battle, but at the far end of the field!


The French cavalry advanced, forcing some of my men into square.


The French cavalry then turned and threatened my newly-arrived elite division, forcing them to halt and (after this photo was taken) get into square.)


The rest of the French infantry arrived to support their attack on the woods.


The attack on the woods was fierce!


And while my few infantry fought, they couldn't hold off basically the entire French army.


My cavalry then came to the field, and harassed his cavalry, chasing them down and killing many of them to let my elite division advance.


The French press the woods, with a newly arrived division of Brunswickers trying to support the British.


One French cavalry division tried to break the British squares, but couldn't.


You can see the fight for the woods on the near flank, and in the far corner you can see the elite British infantry push the French cavalry away.


Another shot.


The French pushed the British out of the woods and began to swing through them to engage the British in the center and the oncoming British elite division, while a British cavalry brigade moved behind them, forcing many of the French into square.


I brought my elite division up finally, but there were simply too many French left, so I had to retreat!


Here is what was left of my son's French army at the end... he whupped me good!

2 comments:

Steve J. said...

What a lovely looking game to be played with your son.

Ray Rousell said...

Cool looking game, the French Marshal looks like he had fun too!