Tuesday, May 2, 2017
A firey bridge...
Well, this is the latest thing I've put together... a stone bridge over some lava!
Now, I'll be honest, I struggled with this a LOT... painting the lava was really, really tricky. In the end I tried like three times, and kept wiping away what I did with a wet paper towel... and when I went back for attempt #4, I thought what was there was fine. So, I added a bit of white to the bubbles and that's it!
Now, I did run into a little issue, as the figures near the end of the bridge slid down... but that was easily fixed with a bit of grit and some small stones at the edge of the tile... and voila, no more sliding!
There are a few more bits I plan to do (I already did a tile with a pool in the middle, and plan a few more like that, and I need some staircases, and I might do a few 'specialty' tiles) but otherwise I am starting to get to the end of construction for this project. I'm very happy with how it has turned out so far!:)