Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Rockies at Night, WIP


So!  Just thought I would post, as I've gotten back to this Christmas gift project... right now it is unassembled (just propped up) and the wiring isn't done, but this is, ideally, what it should look like when it is done.  Still a lot left to do... plus, I am thoroughly baffled about the last few steps of assembly... there needs to be a piece at the top to hold the blue light, but at the same time the entire thing needs to be removed at will to change the battery... it will take some thinking to get it right.

Whoops!  I just figured out a MAJOR PORTION of this whole thing... I had been SO confused by the rigging of the lighting, and couldn't figure out WHY... I had done a million like this... and it JUST OCCURRED to me, after MONTHS of staring at this thing, that I had simply ordered the wrong switch/battery combo.  I am a certifiable idiot.

1 comment:

Paul´s Bods said...

Whatever comment you come up with (the "Over the Rockies" is ok IMHO) it´s a pretty neat dio.