Saturday, May 11, 2019

The first of my 6mm Vikings!


Hey all!

Well, I started a new project!

Yes... about a month and a half ago I decided I wanted to start in on something new... after binge watching a season of The Last Kingdom, I thought I'd tackle a 6mm Viking force.

They aren't intended for any particular game or system... I just thought about how I'd like to do them.

So what I came up with is this: a "unit" is a four stand movement tray.

Then I did a bunch of individual stands of infantry... regular spears, armored spears, archers, two handed axes, and command stands.

You make up a unit of whatever stand types you want to plug in; each type, I would imagine, would add a different element to the performance and capabilities of the unit in a tabletop game.


Here is a shot of the first "unit" I made up... a stand of archers, an unarmored spear stand, a command stand, and a stand of armored spears.


Here is the second "unit," made up of a stand of two handed axemen, two stands of unarmored spears, and a command stand.

Here they are again, from the other side of the front.

And here is that same unit of stands from the back.


Here are a bunch of of the stands pulled out from the unit tray.


Here is another version of a unit... two unarmored spears, one armored spear, and one command... a true shieldwall!

1 comment:

Steve J. said...

Very nice work and a great idea re: putting in diffrent stands to change the feel and use of the unit.